Renovating or Relocating?
Axelroth & Associates provides expert assistance with every phase of your move from initial planning through actual relocation.
- Requirements Analysis and Programming Support - investigate current library operations influencing space design; develop or assist with the development of the library program document to ensure that it meets the organization's requirements.
- Design and Specifications -- recommend design, equipment, technology and other specifications for each area of the library and review the design to ensure that it is functional and meets the organization's requirements.
- Construction Documents -- review the library portion of construction documents (power & signal, furniture & millwork, lighting, elevations).
- Furniture, Shelving and Equipment Support -- recommend or review the designer's selections for furniture, e quipment and shelving; draft or review Requests for Proposals and evaluate the responses.
- Relocation Planning -- plan the location of the collection in the new space, creating a scheme for systematically moving materials to the new site; provide checklist of move-related tasks, coordinate transfer of services and equipment, provide orientation materials for library patrons Physical Relocation - train staff and supervise the moving company during the physical move; provide post-move assistance, as required.
Running out of room with no where to go?
Let us analyze your current use of space and recommend methods for using what you've got to its best advantage.
- Resources - investigate non-print media options and collection development practices; determine if items can be converted or weeded.
- Space Design - evaluate the current layout and recommend alternatives.
- Furniture and Shelving - recommend space-saving alternatives to increase productivity.
RELATED A&A RESOURCES
- Facilities Planning for Technical Services. Technical Services Management. Rutgers School of Communication, Information and Library Studies & Cassidy Cataloging, Newark, NJ, April 2002.
- The Impact of Technology on Library Space Planning and Design, Legal Reference Services Quarterly (1999).